Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The AEA Silver Dart, Canada’s first powered aircraft. Find out more about it in this episode
- “Top Gun” turns 25 years old (Hamilton Spectator)
- Canada to put ‘Royal’ back in its Navy, Air Force (Toronto Star)
- Canada and Europe Enhance Aviation Safety with New Agreement (Aviation.ca)
For more information about this agreement, please visit www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/bilateral-agreements and click on “Europe”.
- Superfast military plane hit Mach 20 before crash (MSNBC)
- Canadian International Air Show, Toronto, On. Sept. 03 – 05
Performances by: Snowbirds, A-10 Warthog, V-22 Osprey (first CDN. appearance ever), CF-18 demonstrator flight, Avro Lancaster from the CDN Warplane Heritage Museum, Royal Canadian Air Force Skyhawks parachute team, many other acrobatic/formation demonstrations.
- Windsor International Air Show, Windsor, On. Sep. 10 – 11
Static: invited(F/A-18, F-15, B-52, F-16, C-2, MH-53), confirmed(C-130, C-17)
Performances by: RCAF Skyhawks, Snowbirds, Canadian Harvards, CF-18, Sabre 5 (Gold Hawk), MIG-21, MIG-15, Avro Lancaster.
- Snowbirds over Gore Bay, Gore Bay, On. Sep. 14
- Reno Air Races, Reno, NV, USA Sept 14 – 18
2011 Waterloo Airshow Coverage
Had a great time at the air show and we recorded an interview with a Dash8-100 pilot for the RCAF. Also took a ride on a helicopter and the video is below.
Check out our YouTube channel where we will be posting more videos.
Canadian Aviation History Series #1 – The AEA Silver Dart
This time on Cleared En Route’s: History of Canadian Aviation we are looking at the plane which began it all for powered flight in Canada: The A.E.A. Silver Dart. This plane was designed and built by the Aerial Experiment Association (That’s the A.E.A). It undertook its first flight on February 23, 1909 in Baddeck, Nova Scotia.
Follow us on Twitter @ClearedEnRoute or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions, comments and suggestions are always welcomed!
Opening and closing music is Dolphin’s Day by Robert Walker.